Preston to Hereford is another serene stretch of the River Wye, winding through Herefordshire’s renowned cider and fruit orchards. Situated in the lowlands, this section boasts long, wide stretches of river with the National Trust Weir Gardens on the left bank before entering Hereford City centre. An abundance of swans can be seen along this section, as they make use of large breadth of water. This is Wye valley canoeing at its finest.
For more information regarding River Wye canoe hire, call us on 01497 820604.
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , The Start Bed and Breakfast, Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge