If you were thinking to canoe ross-on-Wye, this is a simply lovely stretch of river travelling between the bustling market town of Ross and Welsh Bicknor, a picturesque section of the Forest of Dean on the English side. From the river you will see an abundance of wildlife and both Wilton and Goodrich castles, both built in the twelfth century.
For Ross canoe hire, we’re the people to speak to. Call us on 01497 820604.
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay, Shepherds Parlour, The Granary, Origin Pizza (Take-Away)
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge