Leaving the pretty market town of Ross, this trip will see you paddling down into the lush gorges of the Forest of Dean. You’ll pass through magnificent limestone cliffs which give home to peregrine falcons before negotiating the exciting, Grade Two Symonds Yat rapids, before concluding your trip where Herefordshire becomes Monmouthshire.
For Monmouth canoe hire, call us today on 01497 820604.
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , The Start Bed and Breakfast, Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge