Leaving the sleepy town of books, the river meanders through beautiful Herefordshire countryside. This stretch is famous for large catches of trout and salmon which, late in the year, can be seen leaping upstream to spawn in the upper sections of the Wye. The section finishes at the picturesque red brick bridge at Bredwardine.
For river Wye canoe hire, call us on 01497 820604.
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , The Start Bed and Breakfast, Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Spread Eagle Inn, The Wye Inn
- Hereford Rowing Club, East Friars
- East Friars, Sink Green Farm
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge