Places to eat, drink, and sleep
3. Please fill in the form below
River Wye Canoe Hire
We warmly invite you to hire a canoe and discover the beauty of the River Wye. The Wye is by far one of the most beautiful rivers in the British Isles and one of the few you can navigate by canoe, without restriction, for well over 100 miles. want to canoe? offer you the chance to embark on a relaxing river adventure from several different points along the way, with an array of different routes to choose from, all with their own unique sights, sounds and smells.
From its source at the Welsh mountains at Plynlimon, the water meanders through miles of picturesque countryside and diverse wildlife, passing the bustling market towns of Hay-on-Wye, Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth; the city of Hereford, and the charming, picture-postcard villages of Glasbury, Symonds Yat and Tintern, before joining the River Severn at Chepstow.
Along your journey, you can expect to see a number of spectacular and fascinating characters in their natural habitats, including kingfishers, herons, cormorants, swans and otters – all from the prime viewpoint of your canoe.
This peaceful and ever-changing setting is the ideal place to wile away a few hours, spend a day or even a week. Furthermore, what better way to get a bit of aerobic and cardiovascular exercise than canoeing the Wye? Burning calories has never been so relaxing!
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay, Shepherds Parlour, The Granary, Origin Pizza (Take-Away)
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge