Places to eat, drink, and sleep
3. Please fill in the form below
River Wye Canoe Hire
We warmly invite you to hire a canoe and discover the beauty of the River Wye. The Wye is by far one of the most beautiful rivers in the British Isles and one of the few you can navigate by canoe, without restriction, for well over 100 miles. want to canoe? offer you the chance to embark on a relaxing river adventure from several different points along the way, with an array of different routes to choose from, all with their own unique sights, sounds and smells.
From its source at the Welsh mountains at Plynlimon, the water meanders through miles of picturesque countryside and diverse wildlife, passing the bustling market towns of Hay-on-Wye, Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth; the city of Hereford, and the charming, picture-postcard villages of Glasbury, Symonds Yat and Tintern, before joining the River Severn at Chepstow.
Along your journey, you can expect to see a number of spectacular and fascinating characters in their natural habitats, including kingfishers, herons, cormorants, swans and otters – all from the prime viewpoint of your canoe.
This peaceful and ever-changing setting is the ideal place to wile away a few hours, spend a day or even a week. Furthermore, what better way to get a bit of aerobic and cardiovascular exercise than canoeing the Wye? Burning calories has never been so relaxing!
COVID-19 UPDATE: Thank you for your interest in canoeing with us. We are not able to provide any activities at all at the moment due to measures to control the spread of Covid 19.
However in anticipation of a future time when we all feel more confident about going out and about again we have been giving some thought to modifying the activities offered here to enable visitors to safely enjoy the river at Racquety Farm when restrictions to travel and tourism have been eased. We will of course be taking guidance from Welsh Government and sport and tourism bodies, such as Visit Wales, Canoe Wales and British Canoeing before inviting visitors to the farm again.
If you would like us to get in contact with you directly when we have a clearer timescale for re-opening and more information on what we will be offering/pricing then please contact us directly to be added to our ‘waiting list’ – CONTACT PAGE
Please find more information on our response to the Covid-19 Crisis here – COVID-19 – OUR MESSAGE
stay safe x
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , The Start Bed and Breakfast, Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Spread Eagle Inn, The Wye Inn
- Hereford Rowing Club, East Friars
- East Friars, Sink Green Farm
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge