covid-19 is a game-changer ... and to be honest, we got game! so what happens now?!
Our current priorities are . . .
- The wellbeing of our employees and crew of freelance instructors and addressing their personal concerns directly
- Focusing on what we know NOW and being very cautious about the coming weeks and months
- Improvising! Being Creative!
- Keeping our behaviour and mindset as calm as possible
- Not being overly extreme in the changes we make – focusing on addressing facts
- Constantly reviewing the situation, measuring success of the last set of actions and adjusting to new facts – this is an ongoing process as things are changing fast
- Staying positive
For the moment Welsh Government and Canoe Wales are saying we can start preparing for re-opening and anticipation of tourism in Wales reopening again and when we all feel more confident about going out and about again we have been giving some thought and action to modifying the activities offered here to enable visitors to safely enjoy the river at Racquety Farm. At present we are working towards an anticipated date around the 6th to the 13th July with possible earlier reopening for Hay on Wye residents.
There’s lots to read and keep checking in on daily so our pals at Hou Canoes are supporting the paddle-sport sector by coordinating a fab ‘back to paddling’ page on their website with up-to-date guidance, technical advice, and best-practice advice, check it out here – https://www.houcanoes.com/service/back-to-paddling-with-covid-19/
We are doing everything to ensure that when we do finally re-open we get things right and keep everyone safe – clients and staff team alike. If you choose to come canoeing with us when we re-open then one thing you can most certainly be assured of is that you will have the full ‘want to canoe?’ treatment – our focus will be on quality not quantity.
So… why choose us? . . .
Since our inception in 2014 we have focused almost entirely on delivering family trips and experiences, particularly encouraging paddle-sport novices with children aged from 4 years upwards to get out and about on the Wye with confidence. Plus we ensure that all of our programmes are carefully tailored to each group we work with, so we have something to offer pretty much everyone and that our trips consistently exceed expectations. We are recognised locally and nationally as a leading provider.
We put safety first and we don’t cut corners. We go the extra mile to give you the best possible service and to give clients the safest, most enjoyable trip possible. This is going to be particularly important while the Covid-19 virus is still at large.
We only work with the very best local instructors and employ the very best staff. They are the face of want to canoe? and we feel that the consistent quality of our team is something that sets us apart from our competitors. The staff team are currently furloughed but are itching to get back out on the water when it’s safe.
Our kit and canoes are all well maintained and less than 3 years old, we are inspected and Quality Marked by British Canoeing and have been an official Go Canoeing Provider since 2016 offering flagship Guided Adventures with their stamp of approval.
In 2018 we were the Mid-Wales Regional Winner in the Welsh Tourism Awards for the category of Best Activity. In 2019 the Lonely Planet printed publication for Great Britain recommended us as an activity provider.
But don’t take our word for it… Take a look at our Trip Advisor page and social media for real-life customer feedback so you can get a feel for us and what we do – Trip Advisor – CLICK – Instagram Story ON THE WATER – Instagram – CLICK
- We have a growing list of those wanting a phone-call as soon as we have dates for trips available – let us add you to the list!
- Follow us on instagram and facebook to keep bang up to date with our outlook and how we are fighting the #savethesummer cause!
- Join us in preparing to offer free trips to nhs and blue-light workers when it is safe for us to re-open Racquety Farm and ‘want to canoe?’ – click for more info