f you’re after some tranquil canoeing along the Wye, then this stretch is widely regarded as the quietest. The river passes under Caplor Woods, home to a variety of birds and deer. At Hoarwithy, we urge you to make a visit to the beautiful St Catherine’s church. The second day sees you meandering through lush countryside as you approach the market town of Ross.
For Ross-on-Wye canoe hire, call us on 01497 820604.
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , The Start Bed and Breakfast, Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge