Chepstow is the most southerly point of the Rive Wye canoeing experience, before the river opens up onto the Severn. With a magnificent Norman castle, Chepstow is an iconic location within the Wye Valley area.
want to canoe? is a family-run business operating out of Hay-on-Wye a bit further up river. We will provide you with all you need, from canoe and equipment to advice on what to see and do in the area, river guides or unaccompanied options and most importantly what wildlife to look out for (from kingfishers to otters).
As the Wye’s premier left bank canoe hire centre, want to canoe? have forged an enviable reputation for providing truly memorable experiences to people of all ages and fitness levels. Have a browse round the website, then give us a call with any questions – we’re here to help!
Have a look at our route itineraries here.
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay, Shepherds Parlour, The Granary, Origin Pizza (Take-Away)
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge