Hoarwithy is a small village on the River Wye in Herefordshire. It is known for its church of St Catherine built in an Italian Romanesque style with detached campanile. The original chapel, built in 1840, was extensively renovated by Prebendary William Poole. He left the old Chapel as it was but encased its walls with red sandstone. Internally, the central pillars are of French and Cornish marble, set upon solid bases of green marble. The white marble altar sports Lapis Lazuli. The whole interior was inspired by the Cathedral of Le Puy in France. This is one of Herefordshire’s most unusual churches.
Back to business though . . . if you’re looking to canoe the Wye you’re in exactly the right place. want to canoe? is a family-run business operating out of Hay-on-Wye a bit further up river from here. We will provide you with all you need, from canoe and equipment to advice on what to see and do in the area, and what wildlife to look out for (from kingfishers to otters). Whether you’re after a leisurely half-day outing for you and your family or a multiple-day camping adventure with friends, want to canoe? have you covered.
We have helped hundreds of happy customers create amazing memories for themselves as they paddle through miles of unspoilt countryside, beautiful orchards, quirky little towns and historic villages. As the Wye’s premier left bank canoe hire centre, want to canoe? have forged an enviable reputation for providing truly memorable experiences to people of all ages and fitness levels. Have a browse round the website, then give us a call with any questions – we’re here to help!
Here are all the Hoarwithy canoe hire day trips on offer for your consideration, plus details of where you can stay, eat and drink along your merry way:
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay, Shepherds Parlour, The Granary, Origin Pizza (Take-Away)
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge