The beautiful village of Symonds Yat straddles the River Wye at the borders of Herefordshire and Gloucestershire. Within a few miles of Monmouthshire and the Welsh border, it’s a popular tourist destination as well as being one of the most thrilling points at which to canoe the Wye.
want to canoe? is a family-run business operating from a little further up river from here in Hay on Wye. We will provide you with all you need, canoe and equipment, advice on routes and places of interest, what wildlife to look out for (from kingfishers to otters) as well as great places to eat, drink & stay to accompany your canoeing – for river wye canoe hire and guided adventures we’ve got it ALL covered.
As the Wye’s premier left bank canoe hire centre, want to canoe? have forged an enviable reputation for providing truly memorable experiences to all our visitors. Have a browse round the website, then give us a call with any questions – we’re here to help!
Have a look at our full range of Wye Valley route itineraries here
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay, Shepherds Parlour, The Granary, Origin Pizza (Take-Away)
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge