A stretch widely regarded as the quietest section of the river. The river here passes under Caplor woods where birds of prey and dappled fallow deer can be seen. You have the option of stopping in Hoarwithy for lunch and visiting the picturesque St. Catherine Church before carrying on toward the quintessential market town of Ross.
For canoe hire in Ross-on-Wye, get in touch today on 01497 820604.
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , The Start Bed and Breakfast, Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge