Starting at the grade two listed Whitney toll bridge originally built in 1779, the route takes you on a quiet stretch of the river; passing the Scar at Brobury and the famous Georgian estate of Moccas. This leg boasts large numbers of trout and salmon, with kingfishers, otters and herons spotted regularly.
For more information about canoeing Hereford and surrounding areas, call us on 01497 820604.
Places to eat, drink, and sleep
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay, Shepherds Parlour, The Granary, Origin Pizza (Take-Away)
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge