Canoeing is without doubt the most fun, wholesome and memorable of River Wye pursuits. The small village of Brockweir on the eastern bank of the River Wye is located within the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, and one of many beautiful spots you’ll encounter whilst canoeing the Wye. Here at want to canoe? we have the logistics to launch you and your family or friends from Brockweir, or anywhere else along the River Wye. We’ll provide you with all you need for your trip, whether you’ve opted for a leisurely, half-day paddle or a 4-day adventure, with camping, countryside and country pubs thrown in to your heart’s content.
want to canoe? is a family-run business operating out of nearby Hay-on-Wye. We will provide you with all you need, from canoe and equipment to advice on what to see and do in the area, and what wildlife to look out for (from kingfishers to otters). Whether you’re after a leisurely half-day outing for you and your family or a multiple-day camping adventure with friends, want to canoe? have you covered.
As the Wye’s premier left bank canoe hire centre, want to canoe? have forged an enviable reputation for providing truly memorable experiences to people of all ages and fitness levels. Have a browse round the website, then give us a call with any questions – we’re here to help!
Have a look at our route itineraries here.
- The Blue Boar, Three Tuns, Baskerville Hall, The Swan Hotel, Tomatitos, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , Baskerville Hall, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- Racquety Farm , The Start Bed and Breakfast, Baskerville Hall, Pottery Cottage, The Bridge, The Swan Hotel, Hay Tourist Info, Visit Hay
- The Hope and Anchor Inn, The White Lion
- Ross on Wye Rowing Club, The White Lion
- The Hope and Anchor Inn
Symonds Yat East
- Saracens Head, The Royal Lodge
- Symonds Yat East Campsite
- Saracens Head, Garth Cottage, The Royal Lodge